Whatever stage of life you’re in – starting school or starting a family; moving out or travelling; working or thinking about retirement – your sound processor should help you hear your best.
The good news is that Cochlear is continually innovating our sound processors to make it easier for you to hear clearly and participate in the activities you love, whether you received your hearing implant recently or decades ago.
That’s why we’re excited to introduce the CochlearTM Nucleus® 8 Sound Processorα. Smaller, smarter and better connected, the Nucleus 8 Sound Processor opens up a world of new possibilities.1-4^
Smaller than your current device
The world’s smallest and lightest sound processor is designed to be more comfortable than your current device.1 The Nucleus 8 is 32% smaller and 34% lighter than the Nucleus 6, or 15% smaller and 13% lighter than the Nucleus 7.
Smarter hearing technology
Enhanced SmartSound® iQ2 with SCAN 2 technology senses changes in your listening environment and automatically adjusts to provide clearer sound.2-5^
Focus on what’s important
When you want to focus on face-to-face conversation, an improved ForwardFocus technology more powerfully reduces distracting background noise.6±
Experience the proven benefits of streaming audio directly to your sound processor – compatible Apple and AndroidTM devices are just the start.7-10,*
Hear public broadcasts¥9
Connect to what’s being broadcast at airports, conference centres, theatres and more public venues supporting Bluetooth® AuracastTM.¥
Care at your fingertips
Stay connected to your clinician without leaving the comfort of home with access to Remote Care solutions, available through the Nucleus Smart App.
The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is available in 6 colours and comes with new personalisation covers for even more colour options.
Find out more about our next-generation sound processor at www.cochlear.com/nucleus8
^ Compared to previous generation Nucleus 7 and Nucleus 6 Sound Processors
± Compared to the Nucleus 7 Sound Processor with ForwardFocus on
¥ When the technology becomes available for the Cochlear Nucleus 8 Sound Processor, a firmware update to your sound processor will allow you to connect to Bluetooth LE Audio compatible devices.
α Refers to a minimum configuration of Cochlear™ Nucleus® 8 Processing Unit along with Cochlear™ Nucleus® 8 Slimline or Aqua+ coils, compatible battery module, a coil magnet assembly or if needed any retention accessory.
*The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is compatible with Apple and Android devices. For compatibility information and devices visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
ForwardFocus is a clinician-enabled feature that can be user controlled or automated.
The Nucleus 8 Sound Processor is compatible with all Nucleus Implants except for Nucleus 22.
- Cochlear Limited. D1190805 Processor Size Comparison. 2022, May.
- Mauger SJ, Warren C, Knight M, Goorevich M, Nel E. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. International Journey Of Audiology. 2014, Aug; 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Mauger S, Jones M, Nel E, Del Dot J. Clinical outcomes with the Kanso™ off- the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. International Journal Of Audiology. 2017, Jan 9; 1-10. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Wolfe J, Neumann S, Marsh M, Schafer E, Lianos L, Gilden J, O’Neill L, Arkis P, Menapace C, Nel E, Jones M. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Aug;36(7):1181-90. [Sponsored by Cochlear]
- Cochlear Limited. D1864200 SCAN-X Design Description.
- Cochlear Limited. D1964109 Clinical Investigation Report CLTD5804 – Feb 2022.
- Cochlear Limited. D1631375 Nucleus 8 Sound Processor Product Definition.
- Wolfe J, et al. Evaluation of a wireless audio streaming accessory to improve mobile telephone performance of cochlear implant users. International Journal of Audiology. 2016;55(2):75-82.
- Wolfe J, et al. Improving hearing performance for cochlear implant recipients with use of a digital, wireless, remote-microphone, audio-streaming accessory. J Am Acad Audiol. 2015 Jun;26(6):532-9.
- Warren C, Nel E, and Boyd P. Controlled comparative clinical trial of hearing benefit outcomes for users of the Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor with mobile connectivity. Cochlear Implants International (2019 Feb); 20(3)