We are excited to announce the launch of the world’s smallest1 and most advanced2,3,4,5 off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor – the new Cochlear™ Nucleus® Kanso® 2 Sound Processor. Combining the benefits of a powerful6, integrated rechargeable battery, smartphone compatibility and direct streaming*, the Kanso 2 Sound Processor is simple to use7 and is designed to easily integrate into an individual’s lifestyle.
Connect with what you love
Connect to the experiences and people you love with the new Kanso 2 Sound Processor. You can stream music, calls and entertainment directly from a compatible Apple or Android™ device*.
You can also control your Kanso 2 Sound Processor or manage your hearing experience by using the Nucleus Smart App**. With the Smart App, you can personalise your hearing settings, check your progress with the Hearing Tracker or help find a lost sound processor.
“I could talk on the phone and not have any extra devices on me, and it’s called freedom. True independence.“Kathleen, has more confidence making calls streamed directly to her Nucleus 7 Sound Processor
Focus on what’s important
The Kanso 2 Sound Processor features our latest and most advanced technology1,2,3,4 to help you experience clearer sound, even in challenging environments2.
- Our dual-microphone and Smartsound® iQ with SCAN technologies automatically adjust to your environment4 and helps you focus on the sounds you want to hear, like conversations, music and more.
- In addition to the automatic SCAN features, you can also activate ForwardFocus*** in the Nucleus Smart App. Designed to enhance face-to-face conversations in particularly challenging environments, it reduces distracting noise from behind you, so you can better hear the person in front of you.2
“It does help in my meetings. It helps in a restaurant setting. It cuts the background noise from around you so you’re focusing on what’s right in front of you. So that’s a pretty neat feature.“Jack, uses ForwardFocus with his Nucleus 7 Sound Processor
Designed for active lifestyles
Whether you’re working out or playing about, your new Kanso 2 Sound Processor is easy to use7 with its unique button-free control and automatic on/off features†.
With a dust and water-resistant construction, you don’t need to worry about being caught in the rain (certified IP68)^. Add the security of Cochlear Aqua+^ and your Kanso 2 Sound Processor becomes waterproof with the highest water resistance rating (IP68)^ for any off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor1,8, so you can surf, snorkel or swim in salt, fresh and chlorinated water.
“If I were to switch from a Nucleus 6 or Nucleus 7 to a Kanso, I would recommend to people, especially active people, that maybe [an off-the-ear sound processor] makes sense for them.“Carly, runs and practices yoga every day
Discover more about Kanso 2 here.
1. Cochlear Limited. D1190805. Sound Processor Size Comparison. 2020; March.
2. Cochlear Limited. D1660797. CP1150 Sound Processor Interim Clinical Investigation Report. 2020; January.
3. Mauger SJ, et al. Clinical outcomes with the Kanso off-the-ear cochlear implant sound processor. Int J Audiol. Published online 09 Jan 2017 (DOI:10.1080/14992027.2016.1265156)
4. Mauger SJ, et al. Clinical evaluation of the Nucleus 6 cochlear implant system: performance improvements with SmartSound iQ. International Journey of Audiology. 2014, Aug; 53(8): 564-576. [Sponsored by Cochlear].
5. Wolfe J, et al. Benefits of Adaptive Signal Processing in a Commercially Available Cochlear Implant Sound Processor. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Aug;36(7):1181-90.
6. Cochlear Limited. D1710313. CP1150 Battery Life Coverage Technical Report. 2020; March.
7. Cochlear Ltd. D1416583 CP1150 Formative Usability Report.
8. Cochlear Ltd. D1671736 CP1150 IEC60529 Ingress Protection Test Report IP68.
* The Cochlear Nucleus Kanso 2 Sound Processor is compatible with Apple and Android devices. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
**The Cochlear Nucleus Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
*** ForwardFocus is a clinician-enabled feature within Custom Sound® Pro Fitting Software and user-controlled via the Nucleus Smart App.
† The Auto-Off function can be enabled within Custom Sound® Pro fitting software.
^The Kanso 2 Sound Processor is dust and water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 and can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 1 metre for up to 1 hour. The Kanso 2 Sound Processor with Aqua+ is dust and water resistant to level of IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529 and can be continuously submerged under water to a depth of up to 3 metres for up to 2 hours. Refer to the relevant User Guides for more information.
Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.