Cochlear recently announced the launch of the Baha® 6 Max, our newest Baha Sound Processor. This is great news both for new Baha recipients and also for existing Baha recipients, who will also be able to access the powerful and advanced technology with a sound processor upgrade.
Discover how this new sound processor is different from the Baha 5 sound processors. The design and functionality of the Baha 6 Max was inspired by our research and feedback from existing Baha recipients.
As you’d expect from Cochlear, this new sound processor is designed with users in mind. So, what’s new with the Baha® 6 Max compared with the Baha 5?
- More powerful processor but in the same small size1, 2
- Direct streaming from both Android and Apple devices3
- New noise and feedback reduction features
- Dust and water protected4
- Up to 50% longer battery life5
- Baha Smart App compatibility with Apple Watch6
What does this actually mean for Baha recipients…
Inspired by you
With more than 40 years of experience and research, Cochlear is always looking for ways to help you improve your ability to hear, especially in noisy environments. When we analysed usage data, it suggested that many Baha recipients might benefit from additional dynamic range.7 The Baha 6 Max is powered by a new, more advanced transducer, making it more efficient and powerful than the Baha 5 Sound Processor.8
“We designed the Baha 6 Max as a direct response to the needs of patients who are looking for powerful performance in their hearing device but want the smallest device possible,” said Johan Land, Senior Manager, Acoustics Device Development. “With an all-new transducer, we were able to maintain a wide fitting range while keeping the size down.”
Advanced signal processing and connectivity
The Baha 6 Max is designed to give you more control and improve hearing, especially in noise. It is the first bone conduction sound processor with direct audio streaming from Android and Apple devices. And the new Baha Smart App allows you to connect to an Apple Watch and to personalise hearing, including discreetly fine-tuning your sound processor settings.
Our most advanced sound processing technology yet aims to deliver a clear signal and help you embrace your surroundings. Improvements include an extended bandwidth, which research suggests can improve recognition of high-frequency consonants in quiet and in noise9.
Meanwhile Cochlear’s SmartSound™ iQ signal processing suite boasts new impulse noise reduction and improved feedback management.
Designed with children in mind
“Because early access to hearing is so important for language development, we wanted to prioritise the experience of caring for the hearing of children,” said Adi Nilson, Vice President Acoustic Portfolio Product Commercialisation. “With the Baha 6 Max and our non-surgical Baha Start options, we’ve introduced a range of new elements with children and their carers in mind.”
Children are on the go from morning till night! The Baha 6 Max is designed for that, with independently tested dust- and water-protection4 and a new LowPro™ snap coupling, that brings the device closer to the head1 than other bone conduction devices. Parents can check that the processor is turned on and connected by checking the LED indicator – no need to interrupt your child while he’s busy!
- Land J. Comparison tech data Baha 6 Max, legacy and competition. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1762475.
- Hoffman J. Subjective evaluation of clear rich and natural sound. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1788013.
- The Cochlear Baha 6 Max Sound Processor is compatible with Apple and Android devices. For compatibility information, visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
- The Cochlear Baha 6 Max Sound Processor, with battery compartment excluded, is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. Refer to the relevant user guide for more information. Tested by the RISE Research Institutes of Sweden AB.
- In an average use case at similar prescriptions. Davidsson B. Technical Report: Battery autonomy in Baha 6 Max vs Baha 5. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1770958.
- The Cochlear Baha Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play.
- Leung B. Technical Report: Baha 6 Max data analysis and correlation report. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1772435.
- Bergs T. Technical Report: Performance comparison A1 vs A2 actuators. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1770991.
- Van Eeckhoutte M, Folkeard P, Glista D, Scollie S. Speech recognition, loudness, and preference with extended bandwidth hearing aids for adult hearing aid users. Int J Audiol. 2020;1-12.
The Cochlear Baha Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play. For compatibility information, visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
The Cochlear Baha 6 Max Sound Processor, with battery compartment excluded, is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. Refer to the relevant user guide for more information.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Watch, FaceTime, Made for iPad logo, Made for iPhone logo, Made for iPod logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.